Monday 2 January 2012

Clown Boot Camp for Kids!

This March Break, I will be teaching a day camp on the basics of clowning for kids aged 9-12 (or 13). In the class, we will cover things such as clown makeup, face painting, basic balloon twisting and we will prepare several clown skits to be performed in front of a video camera (and an audience if there is one). Some areas of clown history, comic movement, making large stage movements, and of course working as a group will also be covered.

I am trained as a Junior/Intermediate teacher in my BEd, so I have plenty of experience with teaching grades 4-8. My training from two sessions at Mooseburger Camp as well as 3 years of clowning locally will be drawn upon to create an engaging and educational curriculum that is sure to excite young performers in the art of clowning!

For $200, each student will receive 5 days of instruction from 9 am to 3 pm (pick up between 3 and 4 pm), a Qualatex red balloon pump, one 100 count bag of Qualatex twisting balloons, use of clown makeup and face paints in class, foam clown nose and graduation certificate.

Reserve a space for your child early as I need to have at least 4 commitments to the class by February 1st to have enough time to order materials. Call (519)562-7371 or email hawkerin@gmail.com today.

Perry Noia the Scaredy Clown :oD

1 comment:

  1. Due to a special request, boot camp is now open for up to 14 yr olds. Please let me know ASAP if your child is interested so that I have time to order class materials.

    ReplyDelete